Grandma’s BBQ Lamb Fillet with dips, salads & flat bread
Grandma’s first recipe post – Here is an easy Sunday lunch the family can enjoy.
BBQ Lamb fillet with dips, salads & flat bread
- Lamb fillet marinated with garlic & rosemary approx 1kg, serves 4 people
- Store bought Hummus dip – caramelised garlic version is popular
- Store bought Tzatziki dip
- Turkish flat bread- BBQ the bread & serve warm
- Potato x 6 medium size, peeled and cut into quarters
- Cucumber Salad includes; 1/2 Cucumber, thinly sliced, Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Thyme, 1 sprig, Dressing; Infused macadamia oil, 1 splash (different varieties available at the supermarket
- Rocket & Mango salad includes; Rocket, 1 packed, 1 x Mango, cut into bite size pieces, 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly, Slivered almonds, 1 x handful, Pepitas, small sprinkle
Salad Dressing; 1 clove crushed garlic, salt & pepper, dash of raw sugar, 70ml olive oil, 30ml extra lite olive oil, 30ml pukara estate liqueur vinegar.
Fry lamb in frypan for 5 mins on each side to seal. Then roast in bbq for a further 15-20 minutes per 0.5kg for medium rare. Slice up and transfer to serving platter.
Bring potatoes to boil, simmer for 5 minutes, flush with cold water. Drain.
Toss in olive oil and bake in fry pan on BBQ for approx 30-40mins or until golden, transfer to serving plate.
Bring all ingredients of cucumber salad together and transfer to a serving bowl. Again bring all ingredients of Mango salad together and transfer to another serving bowl.
Place all dishes in the middle of the table and let the family serve themselves. Serve with dips and flat bread. Delicious.