Quiche’s are another quick and easy meal to make. Below is a vegetarian version using spinach and zucchini.
- 1 sheet of short crust pastry
- 1 pack of swiss cheese sliced
- 300ml light fresh cream
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 eggs
- 100g spinach
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thinly
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line Quiche plate with pastry.
- Divide cheese into 3 lots and lay first lot of cheese over pastry.
- Cook onion in fry pan until soft then set aside. Cook spinach in pan for a few minutes until wilted, then squeeze liquid out of leaves by hand and set aside.
- Fry zucchini for a few minutes.
- Layer spinach and half of onion then cover with next lot of cheese. Layer zucchini and the rest of the onion, season.
- Cover with remaining layer of cheese.
- Mix eggs and cream together in pouring jug. Pour over the layers.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200 degrees, then bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve, enjoy.