Bill Grangers Chicken, Eggplant & Cherry Tomato Bake
Today Grandma choose to cook Bill Grangers Chicken, eggplant and cherry tomato bake which was featured in the Age last weekend. It was absolutely delicious and very easy to cook. It’s a dish you can prepare in the morning and then later put into the oven an hour before dinner time. I find mornings are a great time to prepare meals as the house is generally calm and I have the energy.
Leroy thoroughly enjoyed this meal, especially the drum sticks as they were very tender and slightly sweet. Grandma doubled this recipe so there was plenty of seconds.
- 1 red onion
- 4 chicken legs, skin & flesh slashed
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp honey
- 4 Thyme sprigs, leaves only
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Large handful of breadcrumbs
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- Place eggplant and onion in a large roasting tin. Add chicken legs, season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp olive oil with honey, thyme, orange juice and 1 clove of garlic, then spoon over chicken and vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, orange zest, remaining garlic and remaining olive oil. Cover both the chicken and breadcrumb mix and chill in fridge for up to 12 hours if preparing ahead.
- Preheat oven to 200degrees. Bake chicken for 40-45mins, until golden. Remove from oven, stir in tomatoes, then top with prepared breadcrumb mix and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad of your choice.
Find link below to recipe from the Age;