Slow Cooker Series: Chicken with sun-dried tomatoes
Here is a yummy chicken dish I have adapted from a few different recipes. This recipe cooks the chicken very tender and once ready the chicken just falls apart and tastes delicious. You could add more vegetables and use less chicken if you prefer. It’s a tasty recipe for kids as the tender chicken is easy for them to chew.
- 900g skinless chicken breast, bone-in thighs or drumsticks (your choice)
- 1 onion, diced
- 30g plain flour
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125ml red wine
- 100ml of vegetable or chicken stock
- 800g canned chopped tomatoes
- 80g sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- cooked pasta to serve
- Season chicken with salt & pepper and then place in bag with flour, shake well to coat chicken. Heat oil in fry pan and cook chicken over medium heat in batches for 4 minutes on each side until browned. Transfer chicken into slow cooker.
- Add some more oil and cook onion, garlic, paste & paprika for 5 minutes until softened. Add wine and stock and bring to boil. Cook, stirring up any sediment from the base of the pan, stir for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes, season and stir for 2 minute.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker over the chicken, combine carefully. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Serve with pasta.