Roasted pumpkin & chickpea salad
Here is a quick and delicious salad, great for kids as very nutritional and yummy to eat. For something different you could also add pasta, fresh cherry tomatoes or fresh herbs from the garden, or perhaps something else your little one likes to eat.
- 500g pumpkin, cut into 1cm pieces
- 420g canned chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 350g chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, put roasting pan in while heating.
- Place pumpkin in hot roasting tray, add olive oil and salt and pepper, toss to combine. Roast pumpkin in oven at 180 degrees to 40 minutes or until tender. Then set aside.
- Heat chickpeas and spinach in frypan, stir until spinach has wilted.
- Combine pumpkin, chickpeas and spinach in a serving bowl, season to taste.
This salad can be served accompanied with fish or meat, or can be eaten on its own as a tasty lunch option. Enjoy.