Marinated rockling with pak choy
A simple tasty fish dish, this simple marinade was given to me by a friend many moons ago, it can be used on many mild flavoured fish types.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (use less if your little one doesn’t like chilli or exclude all together)
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 4 rocking fillets
- 3 bunches pak choy, separate leaves
- Mix all marinade ingredients together, marinade fish approx 1 hr before cooking. Set aside in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place baking paper on large oven tray, place fillets on paper and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until just cooked. Reserve a little marinade to baste fish occasionally and reserve the rest to cook with pak choy.
- While fish is cooking you can cook the pak choy. Boil or steam pak choy until just tender, drain. Heat some vegetable oil in a pan, stir fry pak choy in marinade until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Place Pak choy and fish in 2 separate serving dishes, including cooking juices.
- Serve with rice