Pear, sweet potato and ginger soup
Another soup recipe? Yes I may be overloading you with soup recipes but they are very popular in our house, and as I have stated before it’s a great way to get Leroy to eat lots of vegetables and he really enjoys dipping his bread into the soup. This soup recipe is deliciously sweet with a punch of ginger, the pear and ginger flavors work great together.
- 30g butter
- 1 small white onions, diced
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- 3 firm pears, cubed
- 1ltr vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 800g orange sweet potato, cubed
- Melt butter in pan, add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add pear, carrots and sweet potato, stirring for 2 minutes. Add stock and bring to boil, cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Blend mixture together using food processor or stickmaster until smooth, blend in batches if needed. Return mixture to pan and gently reheat without boiling.
- Season to taste. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy.
Sorry i forgot to take a photo, it basically looks like pumpkin soup.